How To Delete Netflix Account
How to Delete a Netflix Profile: Desktop, Mobile or TV (2023)
Each Netflix account may include no more than five profiles. Having distinct profiles allows users to share their accounts with family and friends. Others create multiple profiles to receive category suggestions for each. This means you can have a profile dedicated only to action movies, a profile for horror movies, a profile for children, and a guest profile.
Each profile can have individual settings, a profile picture, and a unique name. Netflix also allows you to configure PIN locks and maturity levels for individual profiles. One of the five profiles will be designated as the primary profile, which cannot be deleted unless the Netflix account is terminated.
The answer to the question of whether deleting your Netflix profile is equivalent to canceling your Netflix subscription is yes. No, when you delete a Netflix profile, all of its settings, preferences, and content suggestions will be removed. This has no bearing whatsoever on the account settings. This means that the owners of the other profiles can continue to use them normally.
Even if you deactivate your entire account, Netflix will store your account data for up to 10 months, during which time it can be recovered at any time. Once Netflix profiles are deleted, however, there is no way to recover them. This post will demonstrate how to delete your Netflix profile from many platforms. Let’s get the party going!
How To Delete a Netflix Profile From Any Browser
Of course, you first need to be signed in to an account for you to be able to delete a profile.
- Head over to Netflix.com and sign in.
- Select the Profile Icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the Pencil Icon labeled Manage Profiles.
- Select the Profile you want to delete.
- Click Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted with a warning that deleting the profile will delete all the Watch History and profile preferences.
- Click Delete Profile to finish the operation.
Deleting Netflix Profiles From Mobile Devices; Android and IOS
If you have the Netflix app loaded on your iOS or Android device, you can also delete a profile using that app. Verify that you are not using the profile you wish to delete, or the application may display an error message.
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device.
- Click the Profile Icon at the top right corner.
- Select Manage Profile.
- Tap on the Profile you need to delete
- Again, tap Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen
How To Delete a Netflix Profile From Smart TVs and Other Devices
Netflix is also widely available on smart TVs and TV sticks like Amazon’s Fire TV. Others utilize set-top boxes like the Xiaomi Mi Box S. Deactivating a Netflix profile on any of these platforms is essentially identical.