How to report your Facebook account as compromised
Hacked Facebook Account? How to Easily Recover a Facebook Account That Has Been Compromised
One of the most popular social networking sites in the world is Facebook. With more than a billion users worldwide, the platform inevitably attracts scammers, hackers, and other criminals. Hackers can access a Facebook account in a number of ways. They might gain access to your sensitive personal information or use a phishing scheme. We’ve got you covered if you’re unfortunate enough to have your Facebook account compromised. In this article, we’ll explain how to report and get your Facebook account back, as well as provide you some crucial advice on how to keep your account safe.
How to Know If Your Facebook Account is Hacked or Compromised?
There are various indicators that your Facebook account has been hacked or otherwise compromised. You must first determine whether unauthorized access has been granted to your Facebook account. To accomplish it, take the following actions:
- Go to your Facebook profile and click on the hamburger menu at the top-right.
- Go to Settings and head to Security and Login. You will see an option to view the devices which are logged in to your Facebook account.
- If you see any device which looks suspicious, click on the ‘Not You? Log Out’ option.
Having said that, there may be more indications that your Facebook account has been stolen or hacked. These could consist of:
- Your email address or password has been changed.
- Your name or birthday has been changed.
- Your account is sending friend requests to people you don’t know.
- There are posts on your profile which you didn’t create.
How to Report and Recover Your Facebook (FB) Account
If your Facebook account is compromised or being used improperly, you can report it and get it back. What you must do is as follows:
- Go to facebook.com/hacked.
- Choose an option from the list of reasons provided. Once done, click on Continue.
- The page will take you to secure your account settings. Click on Get Started. The tool will analyse all the apps, password, email address, and more.
- Once this is completed, it will provide an option to change the password and review your email address.
- Click on Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your Facebook account.
However, you will still need to recover it if the email address connected to your Facebook account is changed. Facebook sends a message with a unique link to your previous email address when your email address changes. To undo the email address change and safeguard your account, click that link.
How to Report a Facebook Account That is Impersonating You?
To report a Facebook account that is impersonating you, follow these steps:
- Go to the profile of the account that is impersonating you.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the profile.
- Select “Find Support or Report Profile”
- Click on “Report”
- Choose “Pretending to be Someone”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the report.
Facebook will review the report and take appropriate action, which may include disabling the impersonating account.
How to use Facebook Security Checkup to Secure your FB Account?
To use the Facebook Security Checkup feature to secure your Facebook account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account and click on the down arrow in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then click on “Security and Login.”
- Click on “Security Checkup” and follow the prompts to verify your account information, such as your email and phone number.
- Review your recent login activity to ensure that you recognize all of the devices and locations where your account has been accessed.
- Update your password and enable two-factor authentication for added security.
- Check your privacy settings to make sure you’re only sharing information with people you trust.
- Review who can find you on Facebook and who can send you friend requests.
- Review your apps, pages and groups and remove the one you don’t recognize or use.
- Take a quick quiz to test your knowledge of Facebook security best practices.
By taking these steps, you can ensure that your account is secure and that only you have access to your information.