How to make my friends list private on Facebook
Despite the fact that Facebook by default allows access to your entire list of friends, you can easily hide your Facebook Friends list from. This is fantastic for assisting people in finding mutual acquaintances, especially if they have only recently joined Facebook. You may, however, prefer to keep your Friends list private. This tutorial will teach you how to be more discreet about your online friendships. You’ll discover how to conceal your Facebook Friends list from your online friends, as well as how to conceal your Friends list from specific users. You’ll also learn how to make your entire Friends list private, which is ideal if your online privacy is a concern.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List on PC
You can change the privacy settings for your friends list on Facebook using the desktop or mobile app. If you’re using Facebook in your browser on a computer, follow the steps below.
- Head over to Facebook and log in to your account.
- In the upper-right corner, click on your profile picture.
- Select “Settings & Privacy -> Settings” from the menu that pops up.
- Select “Privacy” from the menu on the left.
- Scroll down until you find the following section: “How people find and contact you -> Who can see your friends list.” Click the “Edit” link to the right.
- Use the “Who can see your friends list?” drop-down to specify who has access to this information.
If you don’t want to go through Settings, there’s an alternative path via your Facebook profile that allows you how to hide your Friends list.
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Find your Friends list on the right, and click on “See all friends.”
- In the top right next to the “Find Friends” button, cllick on the three horizontal dots.
- Select “Edit Privacy” from there.
- A pop-up window will appear showing you your current privacy settings. Hit the button next to “Friends List.”
- This will bring up the list of options detailed above. Select the desired option.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List on Mobile
If you have Facebook installed on your phone, you may prefer to change your privacy settings through the iOS or Android mobile app.
Please keep in mind that the steps below are based on Facebook for Android, so they may differ slightly on iOS. Unlike on PC, you can only change these settings through Settings, not directly from your profile.
- Launch the Facebook mobile app on your mobile.
- Tap the three-line icon in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to “Settings & Privacy” and give it a tap.
- Select “Settings.”
- Swipe down until you find the “Audience and visibility” section, then hit “How people find and contact you.”
- Choose “Who can see your friends list?” to reveal the options detailed above and select your desired option.
Is there any way that people can still see who my Facebook friends are?
People who visit your profile (friends and non-friends) will be unable to see anything in the Friends area on your page if you hide your Facebook Friends list with the option “Only me.” However, visitors to your profile may occasionally see “Mutual friends.” This is more likely to happen if you’re friends with them and have added them to your “Close friends” list, according to our testing. People can see your friendship on another profile as well. For example, if a friend has made their Facebook Friends list visible to the public, a visitor to their profile will see that you are their friend.
How can I create a specific list of people on Facebook?
Creating custom lists of people on Facebook is a simple process that can help you better control who has access to things like your Facebook Friends list, as well as posts and comments. To do so, navigate to the Friends tab in your Feed and select the “Custom lists” option from the menu on the left. To begin a new list, click the “Create list” button.